Saturday, April 17, 2010

Quick Update and apology

Ohayoo gozaimasu...

Hi all...  just a quick update to let you know I am still alive and kicking in Japan and to apologize for not getting anything on here in so long. Work has been busy all week and with all the walking (and we all KNOW how much I like to walk!!) I have been really tired when I get home at night.

The weather has been chilly and rainy -- yesterday morning it was about 37 degrees with snow flurries.. brrr.  Today it is sunny and supposed to get to about 60... 

I will tell you I have eaten quite a bit of Japanese food as well as Mexican, American and Italian!  And to my chagrin I have found I like sake....warm or cold! 

It is almost 8am here on Sunday morning and I am heading out to see some temples and do some sightseeing at Asakusa in a bit.  Several of the group of Beckman folks  - from Australia the UK and the US- are heading to Disneyland (not sure if that is its official title but...) today and I was going to tag along until someone else mentioned they wanted to go see some of the temples, etc.  We toyed with the idea of going to Kyoto, but that is a pretty long train ride from here..

Well, I have to run.... promise to post in more detail WITH pictures soon!

dot

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you chose to sight-see instead of Disney... no offense to our beloved National Mouse, but you know the old saying...you've seen one mouse...you've seen 'em all! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why see Disneyland when you can see Japan!! I am with Julianna on that one. I am so Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make that 3 in favor of seeing Japan!! Hope you are having a WONDERFUL time!!

    ReplyDelete